Benefits of Corded Polyester Strapping
– Lighter than steel band and just as strong
– Weather Resistant
– Corded Polyester Strapping is a soft material and therefore will not damage goods in transit
– Easily Discarded – Corded Polyester Strapping can be placed into ordinary rubbish bins
– If for some reason a forklift drives over the discarded strap, it will not damage the tyres
– Can be secured with one tool operation
– Safe to use
– Corded Polyester Strapping will not recoil when cut under tension
Properties of Corded Polyester Strapping
Corded Polyester Strapping, also known as Cord Strap, is made out of glued together polyester filaments which provide a high strength strapping system offering up to 1250kg of linear breaking strain. It is often a replacement for steel banding due to its significantly lower weight and ease of application.
Cord Strap is most often used for securing heavy pallets, containers or bulky industrial loads. Corded Polyester Strapping is a strong and safe material used in a variety of industrial applications including securing compressed waste materials in baling machines, where the product is known as Balestrap. For Corded Polyester Strapping used in baling machines, please see our SureFast Bale Strapping options.
Corded Polyester Strapping is a relatively soft material and therefore can be cut by sharp objects. For applications with sharp edges, it is not recommended that Polyester Strapping is used without corner protectors as the secured item may damage and even cut through the strap.
Available in Kit
SureFast SF1402 Strapping Tensioner Tool – for 13mm to 19mm
SureFast SF1411 Plastic Strapping Tool – for 13mm to 25mm
SureFast SF1401 Plastic Strapping Tool – for 13mm to 25mm
SureFast SF1412 Heavy Duty Tension Tool – for 25mm to 40mm
SureFast SF1410 Swiss Heavy Duty Tension Tool – for 25mm to 40mm